Thursday, April 12, 2012

Have a Honking Good Day!

Happy Thursday!!! Both boys are back in school - spring break was simply too, too long! Anyway, since it's Thursday, I have a new Paper Lovin' Gals photo to challenge you with. What inspires you? Now for some reason, I had a real hard time with this one, I don't know why. I couldn't get past those banners (or are they called buntings, not sure). So that ended up being my inspiration.

And here's my card and my attempt at just one string of banners. I couldn't wait to use this recently released digi from Doodle Pantry called Clown Birdie. Hey, I know what you're gonna say, clowns are freaky. Take a look at this cutie of a clown birdie and I think you'll change your mind, at least for the moment!! I used the pre-colored image as well as the digital papers. Such a fun challenge, hope you can join us at Paper Lovin' Gals. Remember, it's whatever inspires YOU. I followed the sketch over at Tuesday Morning Sketches, it's a beauty.

20 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Gave me my morning chuckle with your adorable, colorful card!

Donna said...

Love the bright and colorful card! I haven't used the clown bird yet but you are inspiring me right now. Thanks for sharing!

Kathy said...

What a fun card. The sentiment pairs so well with the image, made me smile. Fun banner you've created along the bottom, too. Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week.

Marie said...

Such a lovely, bright and cheery card. Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Glenda Atkins said...

Delightful, fun card and your banner is wonderful! Buntings and banners are the same thing for the purposes of how we use them on our cards.

Dawn Frost said...

Linda gorgeous clown birdie, love the banner and colours.

AllisonG said...

I love the bright primary colors and your banner/bunting is perfect!

Barb said...

Linda!! Love Birdie the Clown! Gorgeous card!! Love the banner - what a great touch!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

WOW love the bright colours you've used Linda.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in oz

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Linda, Such a happy birthday card! Love the colors and that birdie clown is just precious! Love the banner too!
Hugs, Sarah

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a creative, fun card. Love the bunting you created, the happy colors and super fun sentiment! You created the perfect backdrop for showcasing clown birdie! Have a great weekend.

Melissa Craig said...

What a cute little clown and I love the banner. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Michele said...

WOWZER!! I love this very bright and super fun card!! The banners are perfect!! We all did banners. Love it!!

SunnyCreations said...

This was a cute card...honking good time, love that sentiment! :)

Angela said...

Really cute...love the fun, bright colors and your banner...not to mention the clown's rainbow hair...too cute! Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Cheryl said...

What a great kids card! I need to make one in the next week--thanks for the inspiration, and thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Denise Pustelniak said...

What a fantastic job you did with this new digi!

Patti P. said...

Glad you followed your heart as the colors and your bunting are perfect for the inspiration photo!! Great job...

hollybeary creations said...

How cute is that clown? I love the bright colors you used.. Your images are always so cute.

Theresa said...

I just love clowns...this is just awesome. Thanks for joining us this past week at Tuesday Morning Sketches. I hope you'll play along this week.