Thursday, April 26, 2012

Beautiful Tulips

Ahhhh spring. Love that time of year, knowing that sunshine and warm summer days aren't far behind. I love the beautiful spring bulbs. We moved into our house the end of October and one of the first things I did was plant some tulip bulbs. As I'm kneeling in the dirt of one of my flower beds, I heard a rustling sound from across the street. Standing there staring intently at me was a beautiful deer. We both stared at each other, sizing each other up. Little did I know that deer LOVE tulips and all those bulbs that I planted in the fall were a late night snack for the family! Tulips were replaced with daffodils because the deer leave them alone!!! Sorry, I do digress.

It's time for another inspiration challenge at Paper Lovin' Gals. What inspires you with the above photo? I instantly saw tulips so I pulled out my favorite Stampin' Up set of all times, Terrific Tulips.

I can't tell you the last time I used a two step stamp set from Stampin' Up! I've been so into digitals lately that I don't go for my rubber or acrylics quite as quickly. That's going to have to change because I just place an order for some clear stamps from Lawn Fawn and Paper Smooches. Anyway, we would love for you to join us at Paper Lovin' Gals for our photo inspiration challenge.

2 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card! Love the tulip! Great job with the coloring!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Linda, this is so soft and pretty.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz