Thursday, September 15, 2011

Celebrate in Style

This Girly Girl looks like she is ready to party!!! Why the black and gold you ask...well to play along with the challenge over at Freshly Brewed Challenges, Football - creating a card with a football theme and/or your favorite team's colors. I think all of you know I am a HUGE Pittsburgh Steeler fan (yes, I know, we got our butts kicked last week, but I don't want to talk about it!), so I had to go with my beloved black and gold. And what better way to "Celebrate in Style" than with this newly released Fresh Brewed Designs rubber stamp, All Dressed Up. Her dress is paper pieced, not easy to do with black ink stamped on black dsp. I did get to use up a tiny bit of my many, many scraps of dsp. I meant to emboss the yellow layer with an embossing folder, but became distracted watching Top Chef Just Desserts while making my card and totally missed that step.

Such a busy day ahead, hope I can find some time to relax and stamp!! Enjoy your Thursday.

4 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Look at this gorgeous creation!!! I know some Steelers fans around these parts. I actually made them some personalizes snow family cards with the dad decked out in his Steelers colors. :) SO I KNEW who this was from the start of the post. I LOVE your paper piecing!! That is GORGEOUS!!! and I like the yellow the way it is. I would have never guessed you missed a step :)

You took this challenge to the next level. LOVE it!! :)

<3 hugs <3
Heather

Judie said...

Grat card, love the image and how you colored her. TFS.
Judie

Jeannie said...

I do like the yellow and black together, but certainly not because of the Steelers...hehe! This is just too cute! Here's to another great football season! I watch Top Chef Desserts too...so addicting!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sheryl said...

GORGEOUS CARD! I love the paper pieced dress! I'm sure it was really tricky with black ink! I have to actually step outside with my scissors sometimes so that I can see in the bright sunlight!
This card is simply stunning!
Hugs, Sheryl