Thursday, September 22, 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness Blog Hop Take 2

Good Morning and thank you for joining in on the Fresh Brewed Designs Save The Hooters blog hop. I am the first stop on the hop so sit back and enjoy.

We are so happy that you are joining us today as we spread smiles, share beautiful projects and most of all raise awareness.

The word Cancer is one that makes us all cringe and sometimes turn away. That does not make it GO AWAY, it just means we try to avoid talking about it and pretending it is not there.
It is there and it is a reality. I know most of us have had family or friends who have been diagnosed with a form of cancer or know someone who has died of cancer related causes.
One of those cancers is Breast Cancer.

In the year 2011 in the United States alone
approximately 230,480 new cases of invasive breast cancer in women have been reported, approximately 57,650 new cases of carcinoma in situ (CIS) will be found (CIS is non-invasive and is the earliest form of breast cancer, and approximately 39,520 deaths from breast cancer (women).

Fresh Brewed Designs has created a brand new rubber stamp set as well as several digital stamps in which part of your purchase will be donated to Chemo Angels.
If you have not heard about Chemo Angels we suggest you look them up. They are a wonderful organization. They support all forms of cancer as well as have ways to donate in the form of time, cards, as well as monetary donations. To find out more about how Fresh Brewed Designs will be taking part, read here.


For today I chose to use the new rubber stamp set Save the HOOters. I also chose to keep it simple, but come back another day and I'll get more into that!
Perfect for paper piecing. I love "the girls" tucked inside the pretty blingy bra! I think it was meant to be my participating in this hop. Not only do I have friends who have survived breast cancer (three cheers for fabulous and brave Gina and Vivian!!!) but I am scheduled for my mammogram tomorrow morning, bright and early. I'll be glad when it's done, then I will treat myself to a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks!!

Fresh Brewed Designs is also sponsoring the Link Up For Pink.
This linking party will be held from October 1 - 14. Every project linked will be pink themed and there will be lots of opportunities for prizes. Grab the badge and be sure to save the date!

If you purchase the featured BCA stamp set or any of the BCA digital stamps, be sure to be watching for a special link in the tabs under the blog header at Freshly Brewed Challenges.
There will be a special link up challenge just for you starting October 1st. We will allow back linking as long as you are using these images.

Your next stop on the hop will be at CELESTE'S BLOG.

Here is the hop order in case you get lost along the way:

Linda: YOU ARE HERE
Celeste: Touched by a Butterfly
Stacy: Impressions of a Ribbon Addict
Crystal: Scrap Candy Designs
Vanessa: My Paper Creations
Stacie: Hestia's Helper
Yolanda: Just Yolie, Just Create
Carolyn: Kirei na Kami
Rhonda: Bumblebee Creations
Sheryl: Ink and Lace with Sheryl Cauble
Catherine: Paper Addict Catherine
Heather: Heather's Coffee Break
Fresh Brewed Blog

32 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

SO SORRY you had blogger issues this morning!! :( that broke my heart that you had to redo your entire post!!! Thank you for the extra hard work you put into this hop.

Your card is STUNNING~!!! I love the paper piecing and your coloring. Your layouts and designs NEVER cease to amaze me. LOVE the stitching and scalloped edge. BEAUTIFUL work

LOTS of hugs!
Heather

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Blogger Patti Ross said...
(adding a few comments from the other post :D hehehe)

Good for you, getting your mammogram! I think we, as women, get so busy, we forget that our health needs to be a priority. Thanks for raising awareness!!!
I love this card!!!

Patti Ross
rossfam@wildblue.net
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Celeste said:

beautiful card. I love it.

Crystal said...

love this card! so cute & you are totally right that this image is perfect for paper piecing! hugs!

VanessaB said...

What a beautiful, beautiful card! Your stitching is always such a lovely touch and I LOVE the real bow added! perfect! :)

Janice said...

Love the stamp set! Your card is sooo cute! Good Luck with your exam.

Kirei na Kami said...

Oh, Linda!!! Your card is a TOTAL STUNNER!!! I love every striking detail!!!:) Pinkalicious perfection!!!

I pray that all goes well tomorrow!! Thank you for sharing such a private moment and spreading such a powerful message!!!

Hugs!!
Carolyn

Judie said...

Hi Linda,
Such a cute card for such a serious
Problem. Awesome

Hugs Judie.

Shannon said...

Love the paper piecing! Beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

That is such a gr8 card.... And that stamp is certainly very appealing.... I loved it to the core... Thanks for the hop!

Ash.... :)

April said...

OMG....what an adorable card and that image....totally put a smile on my face today!! Great way to start the hop!!

Steph said...

Beautiful card!

KristyLee said...

Linda,
I love the paper piecing and your coloring on your card! You have done a BEAUTIFUL job here! I just had to buy this set this morning after seeing it! Your is wonderful!
Peace,
KristyLee

Rhonda Miller said...

I just love your card. What a cute image and for such a good cause. TFS.

Sheryl said...

Hi Linda! There is NOTHING SIMPLE about this STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS CARD! I love the dp and that bow is very, dare I say, sexy? Love it!
Hugs, Sheryl

Annette Allen said...

This card is amazing and what a great way to show awareness. Thank you for sharing..

bumblebee creations said...

OH SO CUTE!! dON'T FEEL BAD--MINE DIDN'T POST AT ALL--UNTIL i GOT HOME FROM WORK!! aND IT WAS SCHEDULED RIGHT--GO FIGURE!

Stacy said...

Wow Linda! This card beHootiful! LOL! Ok that was funnier in my head :D Anyway it really is lovely! Ingenuous to but a real bow over the stamped one! Of course I am always jealous of your sewing skills ( I have been practicing :} I still need a lot of work!) Enjoy your starbucks tomorrow, sounds delicious, It is probably a good thing there isn't one close to me!
Hugs,
Stacy

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my gosh....gave me such a giggle LOO!

CG said...

Yikes! Blogger ate my homework the other day...not nice of it at all! Great card, fantastic hop. Thank you!

JustYolie said...

So very pretty!!! I love the pattern paper you used and the bow! Adorable! Thank you for displaying our Link Up for Pink badge! :)

Linda said...

What a beautiful, beautiful card!

http://lindascraftcorner.blogspot.com
iko.linda@yahoo.com

KristyLee said...

Hi Rhonda,
Sorry to hear you had computer issues today. But I just love your Hooters card, so cute! You have done a very lovely job!
Peace,
Kristy

Kathy's Kreative Spot said...

Love your card and I support Breast cancer reseach and need to schedule my mammigram
Kathy
Kataews at gmail dotcom

GabyCreates.com said...

Very nice card love the paper piecing and so sorry you had problems with blogger. Love that bra stamp! Thanks for being one of our LUFP sponsors and sharing our blinki/button!

Indy's Designs said...

This is absolutely darling!

Scrappin' Sista said...

Your card is SOOOO cute. I love the stamp. Great design. TFS!!!

Christel
http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com
askscrappinsista(at) hotmail (dot) com

Jamie said...

I like that stamp set, it's really cute and gets to the point at the same time. Hope all is well with the exam.

Carmen O. said...

Cute, cute, cute card and the image just makes me smile. Perfection!

Catherine said...

Sorry I didn't make it out to hop yesterday - it's been a crazy busy week with work and lots of family birthdays.

I LOL'd when I saw that we used the same image, senti and papers! I love the stitching, touch of glitter, and ribbon on yours. Fab job!

Tracey said...

Fabulous card.....I love this stamp set........perfect :)

Sharon Basel said...

OMG - what a "hoot" this card is Linda! Totally love this adorable image. What a fun card for such an important cause.