Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hooray, It's Wednesday!!!

And because it's hump day, it means we have a new challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. I love the layers on this one. Perfect for those 4.25" square cards I love to make.

Our sponsor this week is Deidre Mosher Designs. Such a fun shop!! Take a moment and look around. The winner this week will receive a prize of a $10 gift certificate...how fabulous!!!

And here's my card, using the wonderful Lighthouse image. Going to the Outer Banks for vacation every summer, I'm partial to lighthouses. I actually printed the image off twice, cutting one out and popping it up with dimensionals. And did you notice, no designer paper!!! What is up with that?!!! Something fun for a change. Now I hope you can find time out of your crazy schedule to join us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday for another wonderful challenge.


9 comments:

Joanna M. said...

Wow, crowded craft room between Kevin and the cat! Loved your card this week, with that light house and it's red/white/blue theme it seems to be the quintessential "summer" card!

Unknown said...

Adore how you have used embossing on your DPs this week Linda. Also loving the black and red combo.

Hope you have a great week.

Holly
xx

mulberry station said...

Such a beautiful color combination Linda. I love the red black and blue together. Love the added embossing. Have a great week.
Hugs, Nancy

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Linda, It is fun to visit your blog this week. Loved seeing the photo of Kevin and Moonstruck! Your card is lovely. I am always taken of Seaside images and lighthouses are definitely on top of my list! Love job! Can't wait for a trip to Cannon Beach! Hugs,
Judi

Kathie said...

Hi Linda, very cute card this week I love looking at images of Lighthouses and real Lighthouses. I loved the photo of your son standing over you, he could have been helping tidy up after you LOL and your cat well mine does the same but sits on the key board whilst I'm trying to type and watches the curser. Don't you just love them? Thanks so much for the great posting this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and have a wonderful weekend it's Friday here now.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Glenda Atkins said...

A darling card Linda, love the embossing in the background and the wee bow! Nice colour combinations!
hugs
glenda

Jeannie said...

Love the red, white and blue and the embossed polka dot papers! So perfect with this image. Thanks for sharing pics of your fur baby, I truly wish someone could video how I have to work around my puppy just to get a card done. It's hysterical, but it's too hard to be mad at him when he's so darn cute!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Heide said...

What a great looking card. Love your color combo it makes the lighthouse pop. Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Heide

Sally Dube said...

Love that we both chose the Lighthouse!! I was just at Nobska Light in Falmouth, MA Thursday =) Awesome use of CS!! AND I adore the polka dot ribbon!!
Blessings to you Linda!!
Sally