Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Love These Sketches

Operation Write Home has created something new, and it's called Interactive Cardmaking Project. Check it out for lots of videos, tutorials and tips. They even provided three great sketches to inspire and I created with 'em all! Here is Sketch A. I'm playing along with the Color My Heart challenge. Now I have some Close to my Heart supplies, so why not pull them out and put them to use!! How exciting!! The challenge is to use Buttercup, with extra points for using black and white with it too. My card stock is Buttercup but the ink is Creme Brulee (don't have buttercup). Two CTMH stamp sets include Jingle Borders and Snow Friends.

Now for Sketch B. I need a birthday card for our niece who is a cowgirl thru and thru. Again, I used a Close to my Heart stamp set, this one called Genuine Country. Perfect for a western themed card. Her birthday is Dec. 26th, so I am actually ahead of the game...for a change!!

And here is my card for Sketch C. I used a newly released Doodle Pantry image, an older set that was colorized (HOORAY!!), called Vintage Phone Color. I absolutely love the green phone, so retro. The paper is from the set too. Don't forget, Doodle Pantry is having a sale of sorts, 35% off image products until January 3rd. Simply fill up your cart then use the code 35BLOWOUT at checkout.

Be sure to check out the Interactive Cardmaking Project. You'll find yourself so inspired by the videos and sketches, I know I'll be using these again and again.

10 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Awesome cards and I love the phone card - I have a birthday card to make this week, hmmm...may just have to use the phone.

Migdalia said...

Fun and Fantastic cards!!

Paula S. said...

Great group of cards and really nice work with each of the OWH sketches. I love the fun cowgirl design! Happy Holidays!

Paula S.
OWH Blog Team

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Wonderful cards Linda! That colorized phone is so pretty in green. You have done a wonderful job of showcasing it on your card.
Hugs,
Georgia

Sandy Allnock said...

LOVE these!!! I especially like the fun 3 word sentiment on the last one - nice job!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

The snowman card is my favorite of the group--although all are wonderful cards! Love Close to My Heart products!

:) Marie

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Wow, 3 great cards but I do have a soft spot for that very cute snowman :)
hello from a fellow Outlawz :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful cards and I especially love the green phone one, very striking!
hugs
Glenda

Erika said...

The ICP is so much fun! I love all of your cards, but that last one appeals to me with the vibrant colors and vintage phone. Great job!

sarahstone said...

I like your cards. Your Buttercup card is adorable. Congratulations for winning at Color My Heart! If you would like to be a guest designer, please email me at sarahstone@marykay.com.

Sarah