Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Any Hero Cards

Operation Write Home: Their mission is supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as "Any Hero" cards of gratitude to encourage them. Today, for their Midweek Throwdown Challenge, the theme is "Any Hero" cards. For some of our soldiers, this is the only mail they receive. So take a moment to create a card or two AND write a message of gratitude and encouragement inside. Read more about Any Hero mail HERE.

This week's Throwdown Challenge is a color challenge, RED, WHITE and BLUE + Hero Cards. I was honored to be asked to create for this challenge and here are my cards:

 My first card uses a sweet pre-colored digital image from Doodle Pantry called Patriotic Sheep. I paired it up with yet more paper from my scrap bin - I am constantly struggling to get this darn thing to look like there's less in it!! So far, it's winning!!!

Of course I had to make a second card!! This one uses a Paper Smooches clear stamp set called Circle of Honor. A clean & simple, quick & easy card. I will write inside these then include them in my next shipment of cards to OWH.  

Now some of you have already seen these cards, I had posted them to my blog last month. Long story short, the challenge was rescheduled to today. Thank you Jan for going the extra mile to see that my cards were still featured...you're the best!!!!

3 comments:

Sassy Raggedy said...

Both are beautiful with wonderful colors. I am trying to get in touch with you concerning a guest designer spot with Love to Create Challenges. If you are still interested please contact me at joannbama@gmail.com. Thanks so much...joann sassy raggedy

Glenda Atkins said...

Two wonderful and delightful cards Linda and for such a good cause. Love the red, white and blue colour theme!

Sherry Hickey said...

Love your cards, Linda! I can feel that mojo coming back..! Happy Holidays!