Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Soak up the Sun!

I sure am looking forward to that, lots of sunshine. I even started longing for our summer vacation at the beach. We have our house rented for the week, we're going over the 4th of July again. I can't wait!! I used the beach as my inspiration for today's project to let you know about the month long challenge over at the Fresh Brewed Blog - Accordion fold card AND/OR Paper piecing. I used two rubber stamps from Fresh Brewed Designs, both from the Summer Fun collection. On the front cover of my project is the Palm Tree and Sand Castle (from the Beach Accessories), both paper pieced.  

And here is the inside, I filled it with three beach photos from a vacation many years ago. My how the boys look so little!!! They are 17 and 14 now!!! YIKES, how did that happen. Anyway, I also used Sunbathing Beach Babe and paper pieced her bathing suit. Now the directions called for the front and back covers to be made using chip board which, of course, I didn't have. So I simply die cut and adhered together four layers of card stock. It works just fine. Plan on joining us at the Fresh Brewed Blog for our month long challenge.

2 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Kids DO grow up way tooooo fast! Hannah will be 11 in just a few short weeks :(.

This card is GORGEOUS! I LOVE the papers and the soft colors. LOVE that pop of yellow. Great idea to add photos and make this a memory book / photo album / mini scrapbook .. thingy. (I have not had my coffee yet :D and my brain is not processing things as it should be)Great project this week!

Now I am off to close my eye, imagine it is a HOT day and I am able to go to sit on the beach and listen to the waves. (and not imagine that it's this icky gloomy rainy day... that it actually is ... BLECH!)

HUGS!

Glenda Atkins said...

Your accordion fold card is amazing and and such a wonderful thing to have with the family pics inside. Super project Linda!
hugs
Glenda