Monday, August 15, 2016

Happy Birthday

We've got a new sketch for you to try over at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Don't ya just love it?!!! I know I do!!  

And here's what I came up with, using one of my absolute favorite color combinations of yellow, black/gray and white. So as not to take away from the fun gingham pattern paper in the background, I used vellum for my big circle layer. The paper is from Paper Trey Ink and can be found HERE. The sentiment, from Gina K Designs, is heat embossed and part of the Made With Love stamp set. A fun and fabulous sketch for sure! Hope you can join us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

4 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Gorgeous...how perfect to choose the vellum so as not take away from the plaid. Now I must remember that. I think I'm with you...I love grey and yellow together. I even picked out those colors for my son to wear to his new job. He looked sharp. Anyway, love your card, and any sentiment would work perfectly with that template and color combo.

Joanna M. said...

Gorgeous. Congrats on your new crafting gig

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great use of the vellum so more of your design paper shows and great color combinations and love the stitching on the panels...pretty card.

Ali said...

This is LOVELY. I adore the use of the vellum, it's so perfect that you used it to allow the gingham to shine through! WTG! :) ~Ali