Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Camp Create - Monochromatic


 I thought I would try to play along with Camp Create being featured on the My Favorite Things Blog.  The goal is to participate in their craft sessions each day and earn your Camp Create badges!

Yesterday's craft was Monochromatic. I went with aqua tone with just a hint of white here and there to sort of break up the blues. I used the Flashy Florals stamp set and dies along with the Hello die originally released with the Flashy Florals card kit. I die cut two "hellos" in white and one in teal for some layered dimension. I also allowed some of the white to show to help accent the sentiment. For the background, a piece of medium aqua was initially stamped in coordinating ink and the Scattered Surface Background then die cut with the help of the Stitched Diagonal Cover Up Companion. I die cut a second one from my lightest aqua, replacing the inside pieces as you can see. A few enamel dots were added and my card is complete.

Looks like I've earned my badge for Day 1!! Now to get going on the next challenge.

 

1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This turned out beautiful! I don't have matching inks for my papers. When I use a stamp, it's just your typical black ink outline. Your card is so pretty. I'm frustrated...haha I would love to try and do something different like what you did here, but I would have to go out and buy these pretty stamps and lovely inks....haha