Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Sweet Hello!

Hello, hope you are having a sweet day so far! I sure hope you can join us for the Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge. Isn't this one great sketch?! I totally enjoyed it! And something else you might enjoy is our sponsor this week, Digi Stamp Boutique. Take a moment and check out their site, so many fabulous images to choose from!
And talk about a totally generous sponsor, you could win 10 free digi images just for playing along with our sketch this week! Who wouldn't love that? I know I would!!!

Now here's my card for this sketch. I used the image Kira & Toadstool. Once again I used my Tombow markers and blender pen. Little Miss Kira is all dressed up in her paper pieced dress! I used some Ocober Afternoon designer paper and felt embellishments from Stampin' Up. What a shocker...I didn't do any sewing on this card! I plan on mailing this to my niece, so I tried to keep it sorta simple!! Now check out the Sweet Sketch Wednesday so you can see what else the DT did, you will be inspired!!


12 comments:

JR Creations said...

Wow Linda she's gorgeous! Love how shiny the toadstool looks. Fantastic colouring all over. Your niece will love it.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This is just fabulous!!! The felt flower and buttons really caught my eye - perfect for the mail too!!!! I love Kira - I have yet to use her so I should really get on it!!

I really need to stop by more often - your work is just lovely!!

Deanne :)

mulberry station said...

Hi Linda, Your card is totally sweet! Your neice will love it. I love your paper peicing and your take on the sketch. it is fun how you off set the image off the oval. Super cute job!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Linda, your Kira image is adorable. You colored it up so perfectly...loving that mushroom. Your paper pieced dress is too cute. What fun felt pieces from SU. What a sweet card to give to your neice! Thanks for your sweet comment today. I love seeing your inspiration each week on your cards! Have a great week!

Jackie Randolph said...

Too adorable Linda, I love those felt embellisments, and your colouring and paper piecing is fabulous. I need to add her to my wishlist she is too cute.

Genevieve said...

Oh so sweet!!!! Her paper pieced dress is so cute & the felt flower looks fab. I'm sure your niece will treasure this :)

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card - love the image. Your niece will love it.

Wedgie xxx

Jeannie said...

I was so close to using this image too, she is so darn cute! Your colors are perfect and your niece is going to love it! Thanks for the reminder that I need to send my niece something too!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Simple and Sweet said...

Oh Linda, your card is so cute! I just love the color combo you used and you did an awesome job coloring your image! What great embellies too!
Erika

Melissa Craig said...

So cute! I like how you flipped the sketch a bit and the felt flower is awesome!!

Kathie said...

Hi Linda, your card is really lovely I love Kira and I adore toadstools and mushrooms, frogs and turtles. Great paper piecing I really love this card and I do hope your niece loves it as much.
Take care and have a great weekend.
Kathie

Arlana 11426 said...

Linda thanks so much for posting this week . I love your sweet mushroom card. The way you colored up the image so fun. Loving the bright colors. Such sweet indpiration.