Tuesday, August 24, 2010

On the First Day of Christmas

I have to keep telling myself sometimes that less is more, and I couldn't be happier with that motto and this card. I used the sketch from Card Positioning Systems and the digi stamp from Clear Dollar Stamps called Pear-fect Tree and Wreath. I'm having fun playing around with my digi stamps, placing the verse exactly where I wanted it. Normally I would have separately printed up the sentiment, cut it out, and layered it up. This time I decided to put it right where I wanted it and print it with the tree. Hey, I am so not computer savvy so this is a big accomplishment for me (thanks to hubby for the help too!!!)! Anyway, I used my Copic markers on it as well as CDS cardstock (Spruce needle, Hot cocoa, Spring leaf, Fresh papaya, Ripe olive) and Basic Grey DSP Origins. Not completely traditional colors, but I did pop a little red in with the bird and buttons. Thanks for stopping, see you back here tomorrow.

No comments: