Friday, August 13, 2010

Merry Merry

Yes, it's a Christmas card!!! And no, not your traditional colors...just the way I like it!!! I just received this image from one of the very generous ladies thru Wish RAK at SCS. Polly Packages is her name and turning her into a card is my game (sorry, I'm tired!). Copics to add color and the sketch is from Critter Sketch Challenge. I used free paper I got when I purchased a magazine, My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary. Of course I had to add some stitching!!! I went for the candy dots this time instead of pearls. And, not sure if you can tell in the photo, but I used liquid applique on her boots. Definitely was fun to stamp, well, for fun!!!

Tomorrow is already set to be a long day at work. Hopefully in the evening I can stay awake and get inky! I have images from vacation that I took and already have colored in. Now if I could only listen to those voices inside my head, "Keep it simple stupid!!!"

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh I really like this Christmas card! The colours are fabulous! I love the stitching! Thanks for playing along again with the Critter Sketch Challenge Blog again! Fantastic job with the sketch!

Paula S. said...

This card is just beautiful! I love the Victorian feel that combinations of pinks and greens give in Christmas designs.

Craft Paper said...

Oh, this card is so beautiful. I just love the colors and papers you used. Thanks for playing along with the Critter Sketch Challenge.

Heather said...

I love this! The stitching is perfect and I love the colors you used! Wonderful card!

Basement Stamper said...

Cute, cute, cute card. Great colors for the Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at CSCB!

Anonymous said...

What a great Christmas card! I love the non-traditional Christmas colors. Thanks for playing the Critter Sketch Challenge.