Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Check Out These Digi Stamp Characters

Happy Wednesday Everyone!! As always, I am thrilled to present to you the challenge for Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Our leader and sketch creator is Arlana Patten, and here is the sketch she is challenging us all with.

Isn't it great?!!! She is a woman after my own heart who loves the layers. Our sponsor this week is the fun and generous Heather of Digi Stamps Characters.

If you play along with us this week, you could win 3 free digis from Heather's Etsy shop!!! I love the sweet images she has to offer, and I know you will too. Here are two cards that I made using images Heather has to offer.

Here I used the Baby image. I had a pink bunny growing up that I took everywhere we went except for one terrible day, and I remember it still, coming home and finding the dog had gotten it off my bed and had it in pieces with stuffing strewn everywhere! I cried and cried. Mom picked up all the pieces of my bunny and put it all back together again. She was a life saver!!! I used copic markers on this guy as well as the new Basic Grey dsp Olivia from Clear Dollar Stamps. Love the flower, which I added some punched out leaves to it.


Isn't this mouse adorable?! I wanted to make the sketch into an A2 card, but then I goofed with the ribbon, it's not supposed to stretch across the entire card like I did!!! Chalk it up to late night stamping again!!! Anyway, I used my Tombow markers and blender pen on this. I thought I would changed it up a bit by not doing the zig zag stitching that I always seem to do. I've gotta thank Arlana for this inspiration! Thanks for stopping, but may I suggest heading over to the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog so you can check out all the creations by the rest of the Design Team. You'll be so glad you did!


12 comments:

mulberry station said...

I had so much fun with this sketch too. I did two cards as well. Your cards are adorable as always. Love your Fun added emblishments too!
Nancy

Joan Ervin said...

Hi Linda....looks like you have been a busy little stamper!!!! What a darling image on your first card...love the story about your bunny, you have a wonderful mom!!!!! The image on your second card is adorable, too, and your coloring on both is sooo awesome!!!!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I really need to get a better sewing machine - mine only sews in a straight line (really!)and I love the way zig zag stitching looks. But your straight stitching looks wonderful!!! Loving it all!

Deanne :)

Arlana 11426 said...

Linda love both of your cards this week. Your embelishments are so fun. It was a delight to here the story
about your pink bunny. Have a sweet day.

Rachel said...

Cute cards - love the images and the colours you've used. Your poor bunny - mums are fab at putting things back together aren't they!
Wedgie xxx

sweetbloominscraps said...

I can't believe that your Mom could put that bunny all back together for you! Of course, that is what Mom's are for! Your cards are so adorable. I love that DP on your baby card. And your added corners are great. I always forget to use those! Beautiful flower too! Have a fabulous week!

Simple and Sweet said...

Linda, your cards are sooo cute! Your baby card is so sweet. It is so funny the things we remember from growing up! What a sweet memory! That mouse is just as cute as can be too! I really like the ribbon stretched across the card!
Erika

Unknown said...

Great job with both of these cards, very cute!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Kathie said...

Oh Linda I adore both of your cards, they are so awesome and I love the images and colours you have used. Great job. I love that really cute butterfly so so cute. I must get my machine out I have a great Bernina machine and don't use it enough your wetting my appetite for sewing on my cards now !!!
Take care and have a great weekend
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Stacy Morgan said...

Both these are so sweet, great job on the sketch.

JR Creations said...

Wow Linda snap on the images!! your goof is so not a goof it's gorgeous! Love the stitching on both, still waiting for my sewing machine from Santy, think i'll be waiting somehow! LOL!!!

Genevieve said...

Hi Linda! Two beautiful cards this week, I had the little baby image too, isn't he sweet? Your poor bunny so glad your mum fixed it, cute story :)