Monday, May 17, 2010

Patriotic Whimsy

I seemed to have drifted away from doing blog challenges - my intentions are good but by the time the evening comes and things have settled down, I've lost my mojo. Well I don't know if it came back but I did get a quick card done. I used the sketch from OWH Stars and Stamps for my inspiration. I also went with the colors posted for the Just Us Girls challenge, Red, White, Blue and Kraft (optional). I pulled out some of my CTMH purchases - Whimsical Wings stamp set and Blue Ribbon paper packet. I did some sewing around the DSP and added some twine and pearls. Told you it was quick and easy card. Inside sentiment says "Just wanted to say hi." Now I must get to the grocery store (the yucky part of my day) then out to lunch with the girls to celebrate a birthday. That's the part I'm looking forward to!!!!! Have a wonderful day yourself!

14 comments:

Operation Write Home said...

Your mojo is definitely back for this one - love it! The colors are fab, and I love how you put it all together!

debb said...

Beautiful card! I know exactly what you mean about time and challenges- The challenge has usually past by the time I get around to it!

Karen Howard said...

Love this card and the ideas it gives me for the OWH Blog Hop! Adorable butterfly and I love that the patterned paper has butterflies.

Paula S. said...

I absolutely love that butterfly pattern paper and the stitching detail really makes this card special. Nice job!

helloholley said...

love these images and the colors and papers!! Everything,so very cute....tfs!!!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card! I love the papers you used and all of your stitching!!

Lisa Kind said...

Beautiful, whimsical, patriotic...you've got it all in there! This is a fantastic card! Love all the patterns and images! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

AKiteFlier said...

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. You did a super job with this color palette. I know what you mean about starting up after a long day - We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope to see you again next week.

Cheryl said...

Your card is awesome...i love the way the colors coordinate so well and if ever a card called for stitching it was this one-great job. I also LOVE your blog design..did you create it yourself? My son has AS...a milder form of Autism. Take care, cheryl

Carol L said...

I love the butterfly and dragonfly, they make for the perfect summer card! Nice job on the sketch challenge!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a beautiful card, I love this color combination!

CARO said...

Love how you used the patterned paper! Very cheerful card

Betty said...

Great use of the sketch and great paper choice :)

Wendy said...

I would have never been able to bring myself to use all these patterns and textures together! Nicely done! Love the card.