Monday, January 9, 2012

Clear Dollar Stamps Product Parade Day 3

So how have you been enjoying the product parade so far? Such a marvelous release of stamps at Clear Dollar Stamps, and the show isn't over yet. Here is my card using the stamp set Ark of Faith. I have one small confession to make, coloring is not my thing, and boy is there a boat load to be done on this card -- okay, made you laugh with the "boat load" reference, right?! I wanted the image to shine so I kept it simple just with some layers and pearls.



Here is a beautiful sentiment, God is Love. I paired it with the lovely gold embossed cross from Peace for the Journey. Again, just keeping it simple.



Here is Psalm 46:10. I hit up the piles of scraps that never seem to go away, cut them in 1" strips and attached them to the panel, adding a bit of stitching. I have a little story I want to share about the ribbon on this card - I had won some blog candy on Katie Renz's blog early on in her illness and was able to choose from several bundles of ribbon she was offering. I went with the lovely silk ribbons. She had it packaged up so nice and included a card that I remember having commented on about how beautiful it was. It took a lot of strength to use some of that special ribbon, but I know Katie would have wanted it no other way. And as for her card, I have it on display on a book shelf for all to see.



Now I've got Walk by Faith. Who wouldn't love a pair of beautiful stilettos to strut you stuff in! I used to love super high heels when I was younger. Being short I wore them a lot. Now I'm just older and prefer my athletic shoes! Ahhhhh comfort.



Psalm 37:23. What a perfect sentiment for the shoes shown above!

The last card today makes use of the set Eternity. I cased a bookmark card that I made at our local stamp store, Stamp Fanci. The vellum pocket on the front holds the bookmark that I pulled out to show for the picture. Thanks for the inspiration Margie!

Now be sure and head on over to the CDS blog, Clearly iStamp, to see a slideshow of all the cards and projects created for these stamps. The stamps have been released and are ready for purchase, so get your wish list started!! And I'll see you tomorrow for the last day of our Product Parade.


3 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

oh my these are all so awesome Loo. I love that bookmark card!

Shell said...

Beautifully done, Linda. I love every one of them. Gorgeous colors. Super job!!

Linda said...

These are all just simply beautiful.. Very lovely work.
Hugs, Linda