Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Another card for a swap I'm in -- I love this set, City of David!! The colors are Perfect plum and Pale plum (I rarely use these colors, but love how they look together), along with gold, Mellow moss and Very vanilla. Not much to it, just a little watercoloring, Flannel plaid background, and some brads. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the Stickles on the star -- can't forget about the Stickles!!!!!!!
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Here's my July Christmas card for the challenge. I made 10 of these while on vacation! Tough thinking about Christmas after you've spent the day at the beach!! I love using non-traditional colors when it comes to the holidays and Christmas is no exception. This card is Cameo coral with a layer of Chocolate chip and a Cuttlebugged layer of Cool caribbean. Scallop circle is punched out of Certainly celery. The Lace Snowflake is stamped in Chocolate chip as is the Happy Holidays ($1 stamp from Michael's -- thanks Viv!). Brads, ribbon and dimensionals finish it off.
Thanks so much for looking!
I used the You Make Me Happy set for the first time, and I think it's a sweet set! I used the old In Colors (guess I should call them the Out Colors!) - True thyme, Cranberry crisp, Vintage violet and Marigold morning. I had the dragonfly brad and couldn't wait to use it.
Bear with me, I'm still trying to up my photography skills. I still don't have the lighting right, but I will persevere!!
By the way, vacation was fabulous!! This was the fifth year in a row we've gone to the Outerbanks and enjoy every time!! Now I don't want to go back to work though!
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
This card is for Catagory #3 of this month's Wish RAK challenge - Flower with a layer. We had to use a flower image we received thru wish RAK and the timing of this one couldn't have been more perfect -- thanks crooked river!!
The flower is Fresh Bloom by Stampendous. I watercolored it with Cool caribbean, painted it with Crystal Effects, sprinkled lightly with glitter and cut it out. I played around adding dimension with the bone folder and pop up dots. We needed to use Sketch Challenge #74, a tri-fold card. I had the background paper in my scrap bin, thought it would be perfect.
Thanks so much for looking!!! Keep in mind, this is my first attempt at photographing my cards, I need to work on my technique a bit!
Sunday, July 8, 2007
1. I am married, have 2 boys, Phillip who will turn 12 on the 10th and Kevin age 8.
2. I love to stamp and have become addicted to scrapbooking too thanks to our local scrapbook store. I never knew what my style was with scrapbooking until I started taking classes there - oh boy, more stuff to buy!!
3. I am a third degree black belt and a certified instructor. I love teaching taekwondo to all age groups. I always wanted to teach, thought it would be in nursing (I am also an RN), but I couldn't find the time to complete my Masters Degree.
4. I am a night owl. If I don't control myself, I am on SCS till 2am!! And if I'm not on Splitcoast at that time, then I'm in my stamp room! Love it when everyone's in bed and the house is quiet!
5. We own two cats. Fred is a black domestic short hair who loves Halloween!! Moonstruck came into our lives last year when I went to the shelter for a tour and fell in love with her. Besides, I needed another female in the house!!
6. I love sports! I think that's why God gave me two boys! I'm a huge Pittsburgh Steelers fan and follow hockey closely too. Baseball's okay.
7. Starting in the fall, I hope to expand my Stampin' Up business. I currently have one recruit, but have had three ladies state an interest in becoming demos. Right now I hold two stamp camps each month, but want to add more classes once the boys are back in school. Busy, busy, busy, I've always gotta stay busy.
Thanks for reading about me. Now to find someone else to tag!!!!!
Monday, July 2, 2007
Boy the computer has been very slow today!!!!! I absolutely hate that!
Here's a card for the Wish RAK monthly challenge - this one required a birthday card in red, white and blue. I had received the Living Large image from Wish RAK and pulled out some old background paper. It is so much brighter in real life. The candles are sparkled up with Stickles and the "You take the cake!" is popped up. There are two other catagoried for this monthly contest...do I try to do them or should I work on swaps that are due the end of the month?? What a dilema! Problem is, we leave for vacation in 18 days!! Guess I could work on the swaps there -- yeah, right!!!