Saturday, May 5, 2012

Operation Write Home

It's National Scrapbooking Weekend and the crew over at OWH Stars and Stamps are being rebellious and holding a virtual cardmaking party!! How fun!!! Every four hours a new challenge is posted. For challenge #1, we needed to make a card for a child that included paper piecing. I used two stamp sets I just recently got from Paper Smooches, paper piecing this sweet little dinosaur. I followed the sketch from Seems a Little Sketchy. Great way to use up some scraps!

Here's my card for challenge #2, use something you've been hoarding. I FINALLY inked up this stamp set AND used paper and card stock from a Stamp TV stamp kit from Gina K Designs. The kit is a few months old but has NEVER been used. I followed an older sketch from OWH, #18.

I haven't sent in cards in awhile to OWH and this weekend of challenges has put a spark in me to do just that. I'll go thru my stash as well as donate the challenge cards from this rebel party! 

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

You have a great crisp style which I love. I think the dressform card is my favorite, perhaps because I love that sketch so much! Thanks for sharing.

Carol L said...

Two great cards for the challenge! I love that cute critter on the first, and I love the trio of panels on the 2nd! Way to un-hoard that great stamp!!

Sarah said...

Get out of the city... that dino is soooo stinkin' cute! Love it :)

Operation Write Home said...

Lovely style card, but oh that cuteasaurus just made me GRIN! They're both super!

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi! I flipped over your paper-pieced Cuteasaurus and really love your dress form card too! Glad the VCMP inspired you to get back to creating for OWH! Great job!

AllisonG said...

Love your dino card - thanks for entering it in the Seems A Little Sketchy challenge! Hope to see you back again for another sketchy challenge. :-)