Monday, July 29, 2013

Share the Dirt

I'm home now from my emotional past few days. My Dad passed away after a month long stay in the hospital, suffering two strokes and a mild heart attack, all this on top of his already diagnosed alzhiemers. He is now up in heaven, tending to the garden, his all-time favorite place to spend his time.

I needed to get back into the swing of things, so I made a card for the CAS challenge over at The Outlawz. Chocolate is the theme this week, so I went with chocolate brown cardstock. The stamp set is by Paper Smooches, Green Thumb, as are the dies. It was so fun coloring up these little images and planting them - the peas are covering up an ink smudge. So fun and also so simple.

Some challenges I'd like to submit my card to are:
Dream Valley Challenges - Summer Days
Hobby Cutz - Summer
Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge - Anything Goes

Enjoy your today. It's hubby's birthday - wonder where he'll want to go out to eat?!!
 

8 comments:

Cassie said...

It's a wonderful card, Linda :) Please know that I've been thinking of you.

theCook said...

Love that woodgrain paper, goo idea to use it for figuring some nicely plowed soil...
Thanks for playing with us at Hobbycutz challenge!

Nathalie said...

Very cute card. I love it. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley challenge.
Nathalie

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card Linda, I too love the wood grain paper used as the soil. Love the placement of the veggies!

Thinking of you at this time!
hugs
Glenda

Donna said...

What a darling card, Linda! I hope your Dad s visiting with my Mom in her garden. That was her favorite place too. Maybe there is one big garden in heaven where they can all hang out and talk baout growing things! Hold on to the beautiful memories!

Houses Built of Cards said...

SOOOO cute! What a fun scene!!! So glad you played along with us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Kathyk said...

Smashing card and thank you so much for sharing it with us over at Hobbycutz

Kathyk

Marlene Atkinson said...

A lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene DT