Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Guest Designer

Arielle, over on the ColourQ, asked me to be a guest designer for this week, and I couldn't have been more honored. She always has such wonderful inspiration pieces of the most fabulous color combos. Her challenge is posted every Tuesday so be sure and check it out. This is my card using the colors Pink passion, Pretty in pink, Gable green and Bermuda bay. I used the PaperTrey Ink set Believe, coloring it in with my copic markers. It was cut out and embossed with an oval nestie; while still in the die I sponged around the tree with pretty in pink ink...I know, it doesn't look like PIP ink, but it is. Guess I need to buy a new pad. Anyway, I embossed the gable green layer with the Birds and Branches embossing folder then sponged some green galore ink over it to pick up the embossed areas. I used a piece of stitched ribbon by PaperTrey Ink, gathering up the one side of the ribbon, then sewing it into place. Such a cute little ruffle!!! A few rhinestones and my card is complete. Try your hand at these colors, they are lots of fun.

3 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Linda, this is absolutely beautiful. Wow. I just love your layout, beautiful coloring and awesome colors. This is a Wow card girl.

Heather said...

This is just absolutely stunning! WOW! Gorgeous card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful card Linda.... Love the ribbon treatment.
Congrats on the Guest spot. Whohoo... I am sure they will love your work like we do. :0)