Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day #3 - CDS Sneak Peeks

This set being released January 1st from Clear Dollar Stamps was a must have for me. It's called Pet Angels and is by Wendy Hall. June 1st we said good-bye to our beloved cat named Fred. That was the hardest day of my life. I still get teary-eyed as I'm writing this. So I created this card for my cat angel, who will forever be in our hearts. The image was colored using watercolor pencils, for a change. I then sponged on some light blue ink while it was still in the nestibility die. The card itself measures 5" square, and colors include Buckaroo blue, Wild wasabi, Dusty durango and DSP by Deja Views called Cat's Life. I had to add stitching because Fred used to lay at my feet anytime I was using the sewing machine (funny story, once he sat on the foot pedal making the machine go at super sonic speed right in the middle of a project!!!! Startled both of us but didn't ruin what I was working on). This set has so many wonderful individual words that you can build into the sentiment that you need. Other wonderful DT members have creations to show so visit their blogs and give 'em a little love:





Okay, now isn't this guy absolutely adorable??!! Go to Lori's blog to see the stamp sheet of all the other cuties from this set, Monster Mash by Laurie Wilson. This guy is colored in with Copic markers and sponged around. Lots of fun layers of June Bug DSP by Basic Grey. I'm thinking of sending this to my Dad for his birthday the middle of January...I think he'll get a kick out of it! Check out more fun samples with this must have set:
Have a wonderful day. Come back tomorrow for the final day of sneak peeks, you won't want to miss these!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

This is such a beautiful card!
hugs,
Rachel

Stacy Morgan said...

Your kitty card is so sweet and I know it was hard when you lost your cat. Hugs.... Your monster is too CUTE!!!

Wendy Hall said...

What a wonderful tribute for your beloved cat!! You have made this so touching!!
Hugs
Wendy

Mrs. Nancy G said...

I love your designs! Very cute!!!
:-)

Tricia T said...

Oh, the baby card! I love the baby card!! And the yummy kisses... mmmm.... love *all* your sneaks!!