Sunday, June 21, 2009

Quick and Easy Cards




You've all heard of Clean and Simple (CAS) cards, well I did last nite two Quick and Easy (QAE) cards. Don't know if the idea for them will catch on, but I had fun with it!!!!! I decided on two Stampendous stamps with sentiments that I haven't used in quite some time. I used my Copic markers to color in both images. Biker Bee got some sparkle on his wings and body. I used Purely pomegranate, Bashful blue, and White card stock along with a scrap piece of Cutie Pie DSP. The scallop edge punch is by Martha Stewart. I found a stash of ribbon that hasn't seen the light of day in a long time along with the flower brads that I hoped would look like stars. Since my sewing machine is set up at all times adding the stitching took no time at all.
Changito Pool Guy (don't you just love him?!) is so cute! I had to use him since vacation is only about six weeks away! He too got glittered up with some Stickles on the inner tube. Found the seashell brad also in stash of "something I couldn't live without but haven't put to use yet!" The colors for this one are Wild wasabi, Barely banana, Bashful blue, and White with the second scrap piece of Cutie Pie DSP I found. I am challenging myself this week (can only take baby steps on this) to not buy anything new until I use up some of what I've already got!!!!! Now that will be a challenge since I have several shopping carts on line already filled up with goodies!!! That will be my reward if I pass the test!!
Hope all the Fathers out there had a wonderful Father's Day! The boys and I asked DH this morning what he planned on doing today -- "Mow the grass" was his response. "Well you don't have to," we told him since his Father's Day gift was a weekly lawn mowing service for the summer!!! He was thrilled...and went golfing! Perfect!!

3 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Totally cute. That monkey just makes me giggle. They are so cute.

Kim said...

I have to take a lesson from you on quick and easy. I start out that way but I never seem to be able to quit adding stuff:). The are both great cards, especially that cute little monkey. You would never know they were quick to make they are too professional looking. Your husband must have been one surprised and happy daddy!

Anonymous said...

I love the biker bee! He is totally adorable! The pool monkey is cute too but I like the biker bee better!

I know what you mean about using up your stash before you buy more. I'm trying that too and haven't bought anything new in quite a while which is a real feat for me!