Monday, June 22, 2009

Just Ducky


I had fun last nite playing with my stamps! I decided on this adorable Clear Dollar Stamps ducky from the set Cute Critters. My first go round of coloring him in ended up in the garbage - yep, it was that bad! I was much happier with this one! I added the raindrops then hand drew (mind you, I cannot draw! A bad thing when growing up and wanting to be a fashion designer!!!) the puddle. I wanted to put Crystal Effects on the puddle but my luck was running thin for the night so I decided to leave well enough alone!!! The card base is Bashful blue while everything else came out of my scrap bin! Not a quick and easy card I talked about in my last post, but a fun one just the same.

6 comments:

Cassie said...

I LOVE your card, Linda! It's so colorful and fun. I feel your pain about having to throw away the first go 'round. Why is it that sometimes it just doesn't look as good on paper as it does in our heads?! Anyway, that duck is one of my favorites, and I just really love your card ;D

Kim said...

This is just the cutest card ever. That duck is so adorable and I love that bright happy orange! It would make a perfect pick-me-up card for someone.

Linda Borneman said...

Hey Sis! Supercute card! I love EVERYTHING about it...

RE: SCS message...never got it! Email me at tborneman@verizon.net

Anonymous said...

This card is so cute! I love your cheerful and bright colors and you did a great job on coloring him! I love the Cuttlebugged bg you added. Adorable card!!!

I know what you mean about coloring and then throwing it in the trash since I just did that too with a new Crafty Secrets image I was working with.

Kim said...

I just came back to admire (case) your card and I read your post a little more carefully. I got a kick out of your fashion designer aspirations because I can't draw either -not even a stick figure- and I used to be a fashion designer before I switched careers LOL.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Too cute! I have a hard time with this ducky. I never think to color him... I think every one I've done I've left him white. Yours looks great!!!

:-)