Sunday, June 28, 2009

Friends to the End

For the Featured Stamper challenge over at SCS. This week it's DawnL who is featured. I cased this card, Blessings. I adored the flowers and leaves on her card, so I had to CASE it. The colors of cardstock are Ruby red and Naturals ivory. The designer paper is from Basic Grey, the Boxer line. I sponged the edges of the DSP with Close to cocoa ink and stitched around it. I ran a piece of ruby red thru my Cuttlebug and embossed it with the Distressed Stripes folder. I then tore the edges and sponged all over it also with the cocoa ink. Two colors of velvet ric rac, the sentiment from PTI's Mega Mixed Messages set punched out with the scallop oval punch and a few pearls were also added. The flowers I had were white primas so of course I sponged them to tone down the whiteness. I used two of my Martha Stewart leaf punches and started building. Thanks so much for the inspiration Dawn!!

7 comments:

Vera said...

Oh, how gorgeous, Linda! I'm loving the velvet ric rac! Great CASE!

Allison Rankin said...

This is lovely. I really like all the dimension with the primas and leaves...the sponging is a nice touch too!

Kevin Renz said...

Linda,

I love, love, those flowers. You did a fabulous job!

bensarmom said...

This is just gorgeous! I love your color combo, especially the blue flowers.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Simply gorgeous!

Wow!!!

:-)

Anonymous said...

I guess I've been lack in visiting my friends! This is beautiful! I love all the different textures you used!

Heather said...

This is beautiful! WOW!!!