Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bible Verse Challenge


Okay, so it's the 28th of June and I am just now getting to this month's challenge -- well hey, it's still June though!!!!! I simply grabbed the first three In Colors of card stock in the pile to make this - Pacific point, Baja breeze (the one I will miss the most) and Tangerine tango. I decided to use a Top Note die cut that my DSS had sent...like a year ago!!! I used a PaperTrey Ink set called Life for the flowers and the verse came from Our Daily Bread's set Keep My Lamp Burning. The tangerine layer is embossed with the paisley folder and sponged with tangerine ink to make it pop. I also sponged with caramel ink around the die cut to tone down the white. The verse was cut out with a nestie but I didn't sponge that so it would stand out. Above it are some of the lovely Basic Grey pearls -- love 'em!! Three buttons tied with PTI linen thread and tangerine striped ribbon and it's complete -- at 2am this morning!!! I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't finish it. We stayed up watching "Ironman" which was very entertaining. I highly recommend it!

3 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Linda! I like the layout with your vibrant colors and flowers.

Melissa said...

Linda, thanks for you kind comment about my Old Friend card at SCS. I really appreciate it. From what I have looked at on your blog, your style is my style! I am adding you to my Google reader right now!

Anonymous said...

This card is beautiful! I love the colors you used!!