Wednesday, September 5, 2012

It's Always Great to SEA You

It's Wednesday and time for another new sketch challenge from Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Another fun one, if I may say so. I love sketches to begin with, and when they give me the opportunity to use us some of my designer paper scraps, bonus!!

Our sponsor this week is Stamp Fairy. I am always excited when they are our sponsor because I love using their images. Up for grabs is a $10 gift certificate for Stamp Fairy -- boy I wish I could win!!!!! We all are winners though because Stamp Fairy is having a 50% off sale thru the end of the month!! So fabulous!!!

And here's my card using one of the adorable Stamp Fairy Mermaids. I used both Copics and Spica glitter pens to color this lovely up. It's hard to see the sparkle, but believe me, in real life, Miss Mermaid is full of shimmer. It works so well with the shimmer of the ribbon, thanks to the Really Reasonable Ribbon Club. I don't own a lot of prima flowers so I went with one of my MFT flower dies for along the right side. And do I dare point out one last thing...I USED PURPLE ON A CARD!!!!! AND I LIKE IT!!!!! Hope you can join us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday

8 comments:

Kathie said...

Oh Linda, thanks so much for your great posting this week. Wow what a great Mermaid I just love your colours used and your flower embellishment. Pretty design papers. It's funny that your boys are going back to school and mine are about to go on holiday in a couple of weeks time. Take care and have a great week.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Heide said...

What a darling little mermaid. Fun colors. Have a super week.
Hugs, Heide

mulberry station said...

Purple is great...one of my favorite colors. I adore your card. It is really cute.
I love how you used the school bus on the post for SSW. it really amde me smile. Yes, school is take in session. I am sure there are mothers around the world saying yehhh!!

Sally Dube said...

What a fun card Linda!! Mermaids just make me smile =) Love those flowers too!!
Blessings to you - Sally

Joanna M. said...

Wow, you ARE a busy poster on Wednesdays! Loved seeing all your cards ... my favorite was the lady wearing two different shoes (I've done that before!). You have a wonderful style! Can't wait to get to know you better.

Glenda Atkins said...

Sweet card, love the play on words for the sentiment and adore your flowers!

Jeannie said...

This is so sweet and the colors you used are all so perfect! Those flowers are absolutely gorgeous with the pearl centers. Thanks for the tip on Doodle Pantry - I did enter!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Unknown said...

What a lovely image you have used, just adorable. Lovely colours too. SSW DT Helen xx