Thursday, May 9, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

I wanted to show the card I made for my Mom and Mother-in-law for Mother's Day. I used the newly released set Jacaranda by Doodle Pantry. As you know, purple is not my color, but I thought I would break out of my shell a little bit because after all, it's for our Moms!! The strip of green designer paper is from this set also while the purple is from my stash. Of course they were quick and easy to make since I used the color version...just wish I didn't wait till the last minute to make 'em!! After all, they needed to be in the mail today! But they made it!

A few challenges I'd like to play along with include:
Sassy Studios - April Showers Bring May Flowers
Inky Impressions - Mother's Day
The Sisterhood of Crafters - April Showers Bring May Flowers
Celebrate the Occasion - Happy Mother's Day


10 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty and perfect for Mothers Day - mine were made earlier in the week as I had to mail them with their packages. I am sure they will love this card.

Unknown said...

This is BEAUTIFUL...I love the stitching. I'm so sewing machine challenged, it's not even funny...so I'm envious of those who can use one!

Adrian said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playng @ CTO's Mother's Day Challenge!

Michelle said...

Simply beautiful card Linda, love the colour conmbo and the stitching and ... well let's just say I love it all. Thanks for joining us for the DTBST challenge over at Sassy Studios.

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL job of coloring and I love your design! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘April Showers Bring May Flowers’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous, Linda! Great card for Mother's Day. Beautifuly done. The pairing of the image and sentiment as well as the background papers work very well together.

(Know the feeling!... I'm always last minute getting things mailed on time, even if I make 'em early!)

Dawn Frost said...

Love the purple Linda, fantastic mother's day card!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I love your beautiful clean lines, such a fabulous image with the stitching! Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ CTO for our "Mother's Day" challenge :)

mulberry station said...

One of my favorite color combos. Love the purple and green together.
Your card is beautiful!!!
Nancy

ElamDesign33 said...

Lovely card, the colors are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Sassy Studio Designs!

Best,
Jodi SSD-DT