Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Merry Christmas...in July

I couldn't resist making a Christmas in July card. Back in the day when I was a SU demonstrator, I used to hold monthly stamp camps. I found all the unused leftover kits that were made up for the camps whenever people would cancel. I decided it was time to start putting them to use...so I have challenged myself to use them up. I will use the papers and ribbons in each kit as they are, not changing up the sizes or anything. Now I have allowed myself some ability to add papers or embellishments, but to try really hard to keep them simple and mailable. This card colors are Taken with teal, Sahara sand, Ruby red, Basic grey and White. DSP is Holiday Lounge. I used an old background stamp, By Definition, inked in versamark on the red layer, then stamped the sentiment over top. I finally pulled the bird punch out of its wrapper and put it work! It was fun making this, especially with half the work already done. I've made other cards with the kits, so keep coming back to see!!

No comments: