Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Funnest Birthday Ever!


I'm in a hurry so I apologize for the picture, it seems so far away! This card is for today's color challenge on SCS - Close to cocoa, So saffron, and Bashful blue. I also used a sketch challenge from SCS as well (#215). The stamp set is from Cornish Heritage Farms by Kim Hughes called Pretty Birds. Totally adorable set, too bad I don't use it more often (I seem to be saying that about a lot of my stamps lately!!!). I am a self-proclaimed lazy stamper, doing as little as possible to get a card done. Now with that said, can you believe I stamped the bird three times, watercolored him in with re-inkers, then layered him up?! That little wing gave me grief too!!! I'm continuing to go for scraps out of my scrap bin - I don't think I will ever see the bottom of it though! The sentiment is by AMuse. Super fun card to make. Now I'm off for some lunch then gotta get to work early today. There's so much going on the next two weeks I don't know where to start!! Thank goodness for a calendar.

8 comments:

Heather said...

This is super cute. I love the texture and all of the wonderful layers! This is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Love the layout as well as the image. Great card. Love it.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very cute and I like the colors. try to relax in the busy schedule. Hugs...

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! I love all the Dew Drops and the bird layering! The colors go well together!

Jacquel said...

Gorgeous card Linda and love the layout! awesome work & tfs!!!

Kim said...

Hey Linda,
I think this is one of my favorites of your cards. The colors are so perfect together and I love the layout.

PS I am a BPC member at scrapbook super station so they have already gotten tons of my moola, but I will be happy to hang with you there.

Ruth said...

This really appeals to me..it's so cute! Ruth x

Deb said...

I love the colors you used. Just beautiful. So Spring-y