Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sending Smiles & Laughter

Welcome to our Clean & Simple challenge at The Outlawz. Our theme is a CAS card with a basket of flowers on it to celebrate May Day, a tradition in New England in which a small basket of flowers & treats is left on someone's doorstep. The giver rings the bell then runs away. The person receiving the basket tries to catch the fleeing giver. If caught, a kiss is exchanged. Such a fun challenge, especially when you add on one last requirement of sending your card off to someone special.

I had one crazy week last week so I knew it had to be a quick card. So off to my collection of pre-colored digis I go!! This one is from Doodle Pantry, Spring Trimmings to be exact. I had this ribbon already sitting on my desk so why not put it to use as well. Sure hope you can join us at The Outlawz to share your lovely flower baskets.
 

3 comments:

AJ Bodine said...

This is really pretty for spring. I love it! Great story about the New England tradition of leaving flowers/treats on neighbors doorsteps, I'd never heard of that before!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very pretty card. TFS this post. Never heard about this NE tradition. What a wonderful way to celebrate May!
Also, thanks so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog.

Dawn Frost said...

What a great tradition and beautiful card!