Saturday, June 1, 2013

A Rooster's Crow

Okay, with all the excitement the past few days, I kept saying to myself "get your Doodle Pantry post done!" As you can see, I never did, and now I'm late (just like the white rabbit!!). Anyway, here is my card for the new release at Doodle Pantry. Be sure and check out everything being released this month 'cause you're gonna want it all!! I'm using the fabulous Rooster set. Of course I used the color version and two of the digital papers included. I simply love the blues and golden yellow/orange colors. I'm trying to keep things simple on my cards but I can't help myself with the layers!

Be sure and head over to the Doodle Pantry Blog to see the adorable "free with purchase" set, Vintage Cooking. It's free for only a limited time so be sure and add it to your cart. And at noon, our Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge goes live. Play along using a Doodle Pantry image and you'll receive absolutely free Quirky Stork. Enjoy your weekend, hope you find some time to stamp.
  

11 comments:

Marsha said...

The old adage "Better late than never" really rings true for your card. It is beautiful. Love these pre-colored digis. Great layout. Glad you posted (even if it was late).

Glittered Paws said...

Awesome rooster - - I have always loved roosters and just was color challenged - but with the pre colored digi there is no coloring to it. Great job.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous, Linda! The vibrant mix of colors and patterns are perfect with this image. Love the clean, crisp look of your perfect design.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful, love the rooster and how you have showcased him, the pre-coloured images and paper are fantastic, so bright and vivid.

Debbie said...

This is so pretty!! I love the bright colors of the rooster!!
(Your sketch is so close to Tuesday Morning Sketches this week... you should join us there!)

Donna said...

Awesome card! Love the layout. The layers really set off that rooster nice. Great sentiment too!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Your card is striking with those wonderful papers behind the rooster! As I read the sentiment I thought it would be perfect for a birthday card...the inside could read; "because it means you are still here" ! haha!
Hugs,
Georgia

Dawn Frost said...

Great card Linda, I love all of the white with the rich papers, pops the rooster nicely!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

My sister is a huge rooster fan....go figure..but truly in good taste. My son goes to USC and it is the fighting gamecocks. Thank you so much for your card for inspiration...love it!

Unknown said...

Linda, this is a spectacular card. I think this is one of the very best rooster images I've ever seen and I love the design layout you used to showcase it!

Lola said...

Gorgeous layout that works so well with this rooster. I can't wait to use this set myself.