Thursday, December 8, 2011

Good Tidings

Welcome to another Photo Inspiration Challenge at Paper Lovin' Gals. What a gorgeous pic, don't you think?! So rustic, so calm. But I have to admit to you, I was not calm when it came to creating my card for this photo!!!!! I had a difficult time pinpointing my inspiration, if that makes any sense. I ended up going with the pine green and red colors as well as the snow.


And here it is, and it went together lickety split quick too, thanks to die cuts and embossing folders. I used a Papertrey Ink stamp set called In the Meadow and the coordinating dies for both the stamped images as well as the snow banks. I embossed the mounds of snow with the Swiss Dot embossing folder and the bottom layer with the Snowflakes folder. The smaller "hill" is popped up for that wonderful yummy dimension. I had stamped the sentiment prior to embossing, love that effect. Some Stickles and I am done! Quick to make but oh so stressful to think up!!! Now be sure to check out what the rest of the DT created and join us at Paper Lovin' Gals.



6 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OH WOW!!!! I LOVE THIS CHALLENGE!!!
What a gorgeous photo!!!

Your card is PERFECT for this challenge. I love the silhouette of the child on the sled and the mix of embossing folders! Great job!

Michele said...

This turned out so good for being stressful. :-) Your stickles on your snowy hills is such a brilliant idea! I love this "Feel good" card!!

Michele K. said...

You would never know you had a hard time with the inspiration at all, Linda! What a fun and whimsical card! :)

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Great card Linda, so cute with the sleigh looking like it's scooting of to exit stage right!

Cheers,

Kasey ~ in Oz

Monique said...

What a fun card. Full of action, can almost hear the squeals of laughter.

hollybeary creations said...

You would never know you had a hard time by the looks of your card.. I really like that white on white with all the texture you used.