Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Sweet Christmas Wednesday

Happy Wednesday everyone!!! Wow, was it ever windy last night! And talk about rain!!!The electricity was out for about 30 minutes, so Phillip studied by candlelight! But today is a new day and the sun is trying to shine. And since it's Wednesday you know what that means, it's a Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge day. Fun sketch, don't you think?! Now get your challenge hat on and play along because we have a wonderful sponsor.
Digi Doodle Shop is a fun place to shop. Such wonderful designs. The winner this week will receive a $10 gift certificate to shop away!!! Be sure and leave a comment on the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog to be eligible to win.

Here's my card, using the image Nativity Scene. I absolutely love this image!!! I used my Copic markers on it, as well as a nestie to cut it out. Again, non-traditional Christmas colors as well. The sentiment comes from Clear Dollar Stamps' Our Saviour's Birth set. Please be sure and check out the rest of the DT creations here using this sketch. You will be so inspired.


16 comments:

mulberry station said...

It looks like you had a great time on your working vacation. I should take some of those....actually, that is what I always seem to do. I can never be totally away from my job. Glad you had a good time though. Your Christmas card is gorgeous Linda. I love the nativity too. You have done a beautiful job coloring it up! Have a great week! Nancy

Kathie said...

Hi Linda, your card is just awesome. I adore the non traditional colours they work perfectly together. I love that image it's a really lovely card and your design papers are great. I love your photos so glad you had a great time on your working holiday.
Take care and have a great week.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Jeannie said...

Very lovely card this week and I love the soft colors.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Rachel said...

Hi Linda, lovely card - I love the colours and that patterned backing paper. Sounds like you've been having some very windy weather! Hope the sunshine lasts a bit for you! Happy Halloween.
Wedgie xxx

Sharon Huffman said...

Great card! Those colors are very calming and look very good together. I love how you highlighted the importance of Christmas with this card!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the image with your papers and brads! I hope you had a fabbie vacation!

Deanne :)

Saskia said...

Lovely card, so elegant!

The sketch is GREAT... so I'm taking a chance at the Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge!!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful scene and fabulous coloring.

sweetbloominscraps said...

Linda, the minute I saw your card....I just loved it! It is so beautiful! Your papers are so perfect and I love the three brads on each side of the image! Sounds like you had a good little storm. I am just a fair weather person...so I am having a hard time even thinking about winter but it is definitely on its way.

Barb said...

Very pretty!

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh Linda . Love that image. You did a fablous job on the detail of coloring it in. Love all the detail to your sweet card. Thanks for all you do.

Gina K said...

Gorgeous paper choices. I love how you inked around the image. Beautiful!

Jackie Randolph said...

Linda, this is absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous papers to go with your beautifully colored image.

Stacy said...

This is beautiful! Your coloring is amazing, and I always love your pretty papers!
Hugs,
stacy

Genevieve said...

Fab card Linda! I love the nativity scene, It's beautifully coloured.

Tc
Genevieve.

Mary C said...

This is such a wonderful card Linda. Your coloring of the nativity image is beautiful. I love the DP you used on this card. What a fabulous Christmas card you created.