Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sweet Sketch #1


There are a few blog challenges that I really try to do each week, and when I saw the DT call for Sweet Sketch Wednesday, I knew I had to apply. This is my first of three cards using the sketch. The verse and frame are from Our Daily Bread Designs. ODBD held a contest to submit your favorite scripture, and my dear friend Linda Borneman had her verse chosen...and this is it!!! This card measures 5" square and colors include Chocolate chip, Mellow moss, Very vanilla and Basic Grey's Cappella DSP. I sponged around the edges to maintain that vintage look the Basic Grey is noted for. The frame around the verse is heat embossed in gold. Tomorrow I plan on posting my second submission card, so don't forget to come back!!!

6 comments:

sweetbloominscraps said...

Beautiful card! Great paper combo. Love your embossing..makes a great from around the scripture verse. Thanks for playing at SSW!

Jeannie said...

Really lovely and the colors are just gorgeous!

Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Arlana 11426 said...

beautiful card. Love the coloes and embossing. Congrats if you except. Thanks for playing along @SSW!!!

mulberry station said...

Gorgeous card. I love the rich color combo and embossing. Thanks for joining us!
Nancy SSW-DT

Do What You Love said...

What a wonderful card with perfect papers and a great color combination! Those butterflies are so subtle and just the right touch! Thanks for joining us at SSW! :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful! I love the butterflies and border punch - gorgeous colors too. Thanks for playing at SSW.

Deanne :)