Friday, April 2, 2010

Sweet Sketch for Spring

I started playing along with the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge, and another fun sketch indeed! I'm thinking spring, even if my colors seem to tell you otherwise! The daffodils are from Flourishes' A Year in Flowers 1 set. I stamped it on watercolor paper and used reinkers to color it - something I don't do very often and really need to practice! After cutting and embossing with an oval nestie, I sponged saffron ink along the edges. My colors of cardstock are Basic grey, Soft suede, So saffron, and Old olive. The DSP is Queen Bee by Pink Paislee (just got it from Jacksonbelle Embellishments). And the embellishments are from my March Key Ingredients kit from Taylored Expressions. Thanks for stopping! Have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

Stacy said...

Beautiful spring card! I love the butterfly! Thank you for joining us at SSW!

Cassie said...

What a stunning card, Linda! I love how you incorporated the butterfly and stick pin ;D

mulberry station said...

What a beautiful card. Gorgeous colors and I love the paper and added embellishments!
Nancy SSW-DT

Jeannie said...

Just beautiful and thanks so much for joining us for Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Arlana 11426 said...

What a sweet image and love how you colored it.. Love the colors that you used. The fun use of that butterfly. Thanks for playing along @ SSW!!!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Beautiful card! Love all your embellishments and especially the pin! Thanks for playing at SSW!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful and Springy! I love that butterfly embellishment. Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Deanne :)

KymKreates said...

What a marvelous card!!! I adore all the embellishing you did. Thanks a bunch for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!!
KymKreates

Donna said...

Everything mixes and matches so well and such a beautiful image too! Thanks for joining in the fun with SSW this week :) Donna x

Do What You Love said...

Oh how gorgeous are those sunflowers; so bright and pretty - sings the song of spring! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful, great paper and I like the pin.

Heather said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! GORGEOUS!!! Awesome job! I love all of the fun embellishments!