Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Creative Inspirations Sketch Challenge

What a fun sketch challenge that you really must check out over at Creative Inspirations. Try it out!!! There are some really yummy ribbons up for grabs as well as a chance for the Guest Designer spot for May. I've been having a blast as this month's GD, wish it wasn't ending so soon!!
Now here is my take on the sketch. I wish I could have gotten a better picture, but the lighting wasn't the best. My colors are Creamy caramel, Pretty in pink, Certainly celery, and White. I used the stamp set Quilter's Sampler by PaperTrey Ink - this is the first this set has seen ink, a trait I seem to be saying a lot about my stamps!!!!!!! Anyway, the quilt blocks are punched out and popped up, giving some fun dimension. I used the Fancy Tag nestie for the sentiment. I did some sewing, ran the green circle thru the Cuttlebug to emboss the Swiss Dots, and even added some pearls (surprised, surprise!!). Love the new SU satin ribbon, used Pretty in Pink here. Play along and have some fun!!

5 comments:

Cassie said...

Oooo, love it, Linda! I definitely want to give this sketch a try ;D

Heather said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Stacy Morgan said...

So soft and pretty Linda.

Joan Ervin said...

What a great sketch, Linda....your take on the sketch is gorgeous!!! I just love the quilt image and your colors are sooo beautiful!!!

Aunty Sue said...

Hi Linda just popped over to say what a fab guest dt member you have been and produced some stunning work. Thanks. Sue xx