Monday, August 31, 2009

Last of the Sneak Peeks!

That's right, this is the last day for sneak peeks from Clear Dollar Stamps because tonight at midnight (central time) they will be available for purchase...and you're gonna want them ALL!!! Today I am previewing the Flower of the Month set for December, the poinsettia. May I say I absolutely love this stamp! For this card, I heat embossed the flower with white powder on kraft cardstock. Then, I misted the image with water, dipped my aquapainter into ink refills, then touched it to the area I wanted to add color. Because the image was embossed and already "wet," the ink spread out and filled in the petals or leaves. I love the effect it gave. Some of the colors ran into other areas (you can see green on the flower petals) but that's the way they are in nature, so there's no messin' with it! Yep, I then cut it out and popped it up. This card measures 5" square and fits the sketch and distressing challenges we were given. That Basic Grey Wassail DSP was screaming for some extra sponging!


This poinsettia is stamped in brown ink onto kraft cardstock, filled in with Copic markers, then glitzed up in the center with some yellow Stickles. I then cut out three circles with my nesties. I still had some Basic Grey Wassail DSP on my desk so I used it on this card as well. And I've gotta tell ya, that burgundy taffeta ribbon is delicious! I pierced the holes on either side and sat in front of the TV while I cross-stitched with linen thread! This card also measures 5" square. Some other wonderful ladies are showing off this stamp set, so check 'em out: Angela,

4 comments:

Kim said...

These are just soooo gorgeous! I want them as my Christmas cards, got any extra? JK!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Linda...your poinsettia cards are sooo beautiful!!! What FABULOUS coloring and I love all the papers, colors, and details!!!! You have got me in a Christmas mood...thanks for the inspiration!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Both of these are gorgeous! The white border on your first one is just awesome. Wonderful dp on your second card and your coloring is fabulous on both!

Chef Mama Lori said...

Such beautiful cards! I love that poinsettia and the way you used it is amazing!