Friday, January 9, 2009

WRAK Featured Blogger Challenge Debut

That's right, there's a new challenge debuting today called the Featured Blogger's Challenge. Our first blog to be inspired by is Collette's (aka heavensent): http://collette-heavensent.blogspot.com/. I cased this card of her's: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__icD-dov5r0/SWRrYuG9VeI/AAAAAAAAA3c/V6T0dohIrqg/s1600-h/FS98+12-22+cgl.jpg. The image I received thru WRAK and used the faux silk technique on it. I covered the image with glue stick then a crumpled up piece of tissue paper. I then sponged over it with Creamy caramel ink and it really brought out the wrinkles nicely. I changed the colors up too - Not quite navy, Creamy caramel, Bravo burgundy, White, Designer paper from scrap bin. Instead of the fancy border Collette had on her card, I used ribbon. I too added tiny pearls to the corners of the scallop layer and some sewing (my machine wasn't behaving very well though!!). The right hand corner looked empty so I put in some paper piercing. Instead of a prima and brad I added a flower button.


What a beautiful blog Collette!!! I had a fun time going through it!

5 comments:

Heather said...

This is incredibly beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Linda.

Pia said...

Great card! Thanks for the challenge!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like how you combined this image with the embossing folder.