Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cast Your Cares Upon Him

Okay, are you tired of seeing the cards I've made for a swap?? Yep, this is another one. I plan on making extras though because I am in need of a sympathy card. A very simple and clean card, which is what I think of when it comes to using Papertrey Ink stamps. The sentiment comes from the Everyday Blessings set. I used my Nestabilities to cut and emboss the sentiment layer. I also used the scallop die for the scallop layers. For the swap, the card needed to make use of a wheel (here I used Leaves a la Carte) and a sentiment. I know I keep saying Groovy guava is not one of my favorite colors ----- but here I go again using it! Could I be becoming a guava convert?? Well all I know is I hate when I'm wrong about something!!!!!! I used my Cuttlebug for another layer, this time using an embossing folder. The gold brads, pearl brad and Prima flower finish this card off. Thanks so much for looking.

4 comments:

Heather said...

OMG, I love this card. It is absolutely gorgeous. Everyday Blessings is at the top of my wish list right now. I love that set! Great job!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Linda! I love that PTI set and love the Cuttlebuged bottom layer! Adds an extra touch of texture! Love the color and you pearl brad! Very, very nice sympathy card!

Mel said...

It's beautiful! I'm going to have to case..........

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!! I LOVE all the scalloped borders.