Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Blossoms Abound



I do love this stamp set, Blossoms Abound. But then I'm a lilac freak! We redid our landscaping two years ago and put in 8 lilac bushes!! Who knew there were so many beautiful varieties!

I am involved in a monthly swap with some extremely talented stampers. This month we were to make sympathy cards. Like many, it isn't a card I often have on hand. And it's also a card that is difficult to make last minute. I went with Vintage Violet and True Thyme for my colors of cardstock. The flowers are done in Lavender lace/Vintage violet and the leaves are True thyme/Mellow moss. Fine Lace is stamped in the background using Almost Amethyst. Now I have an excuse to add violet and thyme to my next stamp order!! Like I ever truly need an excuse when it comes to spending money on this addiction!!!!!

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is lovely...nice color palette!

Barb said...

Ohh!! Gorgeous!

Viv said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! I love lilacs too and have never used my set. The shoe box swap card you had in Okemos is the first time I've used that set. Now I have another inspiration, because I never have sympathy cards on hand.
TFS!!!!