Thursday, August 6, 2015

Background Creations

I took an online class all about creating backgrounds. So much inspiration!! I can't wait to create more of the techniques demonstrated during the class. Here is a background of simply blending three colors of distress inks. 

I ended up cutting up my background piece for this card, a birthday card for my niece. The stamp set is from Paper Trey InkTea for Two Additions

Because I had some background left over, I decided to die cut this scripty thanks by Lawn Fawn. I die cut it out two more time from white for that added dimension. Speaking of dimension, I love what the white embossing paste does to a card, creating so much interest. I added the two strips of black glitter paper to tie in the black layer of cardstock. Now I have a bit more of my background left over, wonder what I'll make next?!!!

5 comments:

Heide said...

Fun and cute!

Kathie said...

Hi Linda, wow what a great class love what you did and how you used your paper, it was so pretty.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Linda said...

Well done and super inspiring!

anne said...

Love these, the colours are so fresh and clean x

Joanna M. said...

Oh snap, this card is FABULOUS!! Love the inside AND outside. Great job.