Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mellow Yellow

That song is stuck in my head since making my card...maybe that's what's causing my headache. I don't often use a lot of yellow but that is what struck me immediately when I saw this photo. What inspires you? That's what our challenges are all about at Paper Lovin' Gals, using whatever inspired YOU to create your project. I used to find these types of challenges intimidating, but I've come to realize, there's no wrong way to do it!!!


And here's my yellow card. Very simple, which is a good thing since I'm battling this headache. I had meant to make it a "thank you" card, but somehow I grabbed the wrong stamp and it was too late once it was inked up and on paper! I'm off to bed (it's almost midnight as I'm typing), maybe a little sleep will help...it certainly can't hurt. Join us at Paper Lovin' Gals for some photo inspiration fun!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your card! I actually just started making a file for pages that inspire me from magazines!! I did my first post yesterday.
I love yellow and you hardly see it on cards, thank you for the inspiration!

VanessaB said...

i love yellow! your card turned out gorgeous! love the design of it as well as the colors :)

Michele said...

You do wonderful work Linda... even with a headache!! This is a beautiful card!! Love all the yellow!! Your layering is very pretty!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

So fresh. Very pretty card Linda.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I have also been making cards with yellow these past few days...hummm....must be something in the air...maybe sunny warmer Spring days.. Anyway, you sweet card put a smile on my face.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card, a joy to look at with the yellow and the simplicity of the design. The medallion is the perfect place to showcase your flower!

hollybeary creations said...

This came out great Linda..I love how you used the shades of Yellow and what a great use of the Medallion stamps.