Monday, May 9, 2011

Getting Ahead of the Game

Thanks to the Picture Perfect Creations color combo this week, I'm getting yet another Father's Day card done!!! Now if only I remember to send it!!!! LOL!! Not only do I mark on the calendar when events are that need cards sent, but I also have to write down a few days ahead when to actually mail the cards, otherwise I end up forgetting and they're late!

Here's my card using Chocolate chip, So saffron, and Tangerine tango. And I want to know if anyone noticed...NO DSP!!! Hard to believe, I know! The tangerine layer I used a PTI set called Turning a New Leaf stamped in versamark. The saffron strip is Background Basics: Gingham from PTI, and I used Crushed curry ink which is a little darker so it pops. The main image is PTI's Father Knows Best and the sentiment is Clear Dollar Stamps' For Our Men. I added just a few simple pearls and all done! Now let's see what you can create using our fun color challenge over at Picture Perfect Creations.



I haven't done much stamping lately, simply haven't been feeling well. Went to the doctor today for more blood work to check the thinness of my blood. I'm starting to feel like a pin cushion, and I just found out about the blood clot last week! I hate being sick!!! Well I think I'll go for a little walk today, so enjoy being outside. Have yourself a wonderful day!!



5 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Good morning Linda! Another stunner this week :) I love the tree and good on ya for getting ahead of the game with Father's Day cards - I'm going to do the same :) TFS!

Tamie said...

Happy Monday Linda!! Well you rocked the color combo with another stunning card. I was like no designer paper...it is soooo good it looks like it :) totally thought it was. Your tree rocks and way to go for making a Father's day card with these colors. Woot, Woot. Oh and congrat's on the no designer paper :)

Stacy said...

Lovely Father's Day card! I remember the days of stamping backgrounds....awww memories!LOL! You are so organized! I want to be just like you! Heehee, Congrats on getting your Father's Day card done early and love the color combo! Hope you feel better soon :(

Michele K. said...

Wonderful Father's Day card! Great design. :)

Michele said...

Wow... you stamped your background paper. AWESOME! I did that on a recent scrap layout of mine and I was so proud of myself. :-) Love your card this week. It's vibrant and stands out. I am so sorry you are not feeling well. I hope it's something that can be taken care of. Sunshine is sure to help!!