Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day #3 of Clear Dollar Stamps Sneak Peeks



I couldn't wait to show you peeks of a new set being released by Clear Dollar Stamps designed by Kim Teasdale called Pansy. Check out what all is included in this set on Lori's Blog. This card was so much fun to make. I stamped the flower three times, colored it in with Copics, cut out two of the flowers and layered them up! Time consuming but I absolutely love the effect. Now those who know me know that purple is not my favorite color, but how could I make a pansy card without any purple!!!! I used Plum pudding (PTI), Almost amethyst (SU), Black and Basic Grey's Euphoria. The layer directly under the pansy was embossed with the Cuttlebug. I stitched around it as well as the bottom layer. The clip is by SU - love it because it sits so flat. Now as for the rest of the elements, laying flat it's not!!!!!! Lots of dimensionals used on this one. I found the diamond ribbon slide (okay, they're not diamonds, but a girl can dream, right?!) in my stash and thought it would be perfect. Ribbon is by PTI, and the pearls and rhinestones are Basic Grey.



Now for my second card, I made my own background on this card using the swirl stamp and bleach. I haven't done bleach in quite some time...love watching it change right in front of your eyes. The colors are an inspiration challenge put forth to the DT members - Basic black, Basic grey, Going grey, White and Scarlet Jewel (PTI). I used copics on the flower -- and pansies come in so many different colors you can go wild with the combos!! Lots of pearls (Basic Grey), I know, but they are so much fun to play with!! For other previews of this must have set, check out the following:
Other sets are being previewed so check that out on Lori's Blog.


3 comments:

auntbeespickles said...

Linda, your pansies are just wonderful! You did a great job coloring them. I also love the ribbon slide that adds the extra wonderful touch. Great Job!!

Lisa Lara said...

Linda, I just love the two different looks you created with this set. I love the clip and bling on the one and I love the red against the white and pearls on the other.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Love the touch the pearls add!