Friday, June 5, 2009

I Miss You Kitty


I have some very sad news, we had to put down our precious kitty Fred on Monday. We are very sad and miss him terribly. We've already been to two shelters looking for another cat with no luck. Our other cat Moonstruck is absolutely lost without him. We have been giving her some extra TLC which is helping all of us heal. Even though Fred was 13 years old, I still called him my kitty because when I would say "Here Kitty Kitty" he would come running.
In his memory, I made a kitty card. I used two sets from Clear Dollar Stamps, Mama Kitty and Kitty Toys. The sentiment is by TAC. Mama Kitty and her bed were stamped, colored in with Copic markers, cut out, and popped up. I love the fish bones in the Kitty Toys set so I had to include them somewhere. The designer paper is Die Cuts With a View's "The Pets Stack." I used scraps of card stock, some wide brown organdy ribbon and the lovely pearls by Kaiser Crafts.
I have some stamping to do this weekend so hopefully I will be out of my funk and have some cards to show. Thanks for stopping by and another big WooHoo for the Pens!!!!!

4 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh Linda I am so sorry... .Big hugs.... A very sweet card. I would keep this one as a memory piece!

Anonymous said...

Oh Linda, I am so sorry to hear about Fred. I know exactly how you feel and it is terrible. I hope you find a new kitty soon because that does help...I know from experience.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. Your card is very sweet, and a great tribute.
Jennik

Heather said...

Linda, I am SO sorry to hear about your loss. I have been in your exact shoes and know how hard it is to lose a beloved kitty! Your card is so beautiful and such a wonderful tribute!