Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Always



Aren't these colors gorgeous together?!! Dark grey (basic grey), Light grey (going grey) and Bright yellow (yoyo yellow). I stamped the flowers from Both Way Blossoms, watercolored the flowers first with More mustard, then colored them in with my sponge dauber in yoyo yellow. A little old olive on the stem and leaves and the flowers were done. Linen was then stamped over top and the edges sponged, all with Going grey. The bottom layer of basic grey under the flowers is paper pierced and the right edge distressed. The going grey layer is stamped with French Script and Weathered background stamps. A little ribbon (what a yummy suede feel it has), Define Your Life stamped and both it and the flowers are popped up with dimensionals. 1/2" circles are punched out and the large silver brads added. Again, I had a lot of fun with this one!

5 comments:

Viv said...

Your's is the second card I've seen today using the greys and yellow and I love it!! Yellow is just not a color I tend to gravitate toward but it looks great in your card! I might rethink my opinion of yellow! :) I hope you are feeling better, Linda!

Heather said...

WOW!!! This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love the color combo. I've been wanting the Define Your Life set and now I might just have to get it after seeing your card! I hope you are feeling better!!

Doris said...

ooooh--that's an eye-catcher! Very nice to see something a little different...
Stop by my blog and vote for your favorite card!

bensarmom said...

Linda, this is just so pretty! I have a hard time with gray....you obviously don't! LOL

lmurph said...

This is just beautiful! I have put black and yellow together but never would have thought about grey and yellow...I love it so will now definitely give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.