Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sending You Smiles

It's day 3 of the online CAS card classes and I'm lovin' them! Now I didn't do my homework yet from yesterday, a single layer card. That's a very hard one for me. Today's class was all about fun techniques with ink. I played with the gradient stamping technique, using the Hero Arts ink I had on hand - Tide pool, Soft pool and Ocean. I used a stamp and die from PaperTrey Ink, Simple Sunflower. Now I know sunflowers are yellow, but that's the joy stamping gives, anything goes as far as color, there are no rules. Good thing for me as I am always breaking the rules in the color world!!! Now this is my third post for today, so be sure and scroll down for my usual Wednesday posts, Fresh Brewed Designs and Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

5 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the colors and the lovely bloom...great job on this technique!

Lisa Lara said...

I was browsing today's Class Gallery commenting on cards and Voila came across one I already know..........HI LOU. This is gorgeous. Wow.

Glenda Atkins said...

Love it! Great colours and the focal flower and stem are all you need against the fabulous background. The stitching just finishes it all off so nicely.

Angel said...

I love the colors, your flower and especially the stitching, Beautiful and creative touches all.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Love your card, Linda! The flower looks better in blue IMHO

:) Marie