Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Stan the Fishin' Man!

If you're looking for my Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog post, please scroll down.
Have you ever made a change for what you thought was for the good, only to realize you might have made a mistake? Well we here at Sweet Sketch Wednesday have felt by doing right by our sponsors and asking for players to use those images has caused us to lose some very valuable followers. Realizing this, the bosses have decided to go back to the way it was and what made our challenge blog so popular, allowing players to use whatever image they wanted to use. Now here is the fun sketch that you get to play with! Isn't it great?!! I know you'll love it.

Every month the sweet Sally Ann from Digi Stamp Boutique sponsors us...thank you so much for your generosity Sally Ann!! Up for grabs to our big winner is 6 images of your choice from Digi Stamp Boutique.

And here's my card I get to share with you. I'm always drawn to the masculine images and Fishing Stan was a "had to have" for me!! I pulled out Basic Grey's Boxer paper pad for this one cause I simply loved the colors, very manly! I'm playing in a couple challenges with this card. First, the monthly challenge at the Digi Stamp Boutique Blog - use a DSB image. Secondly the Love to Create challenge - buttons and bows. Be sure and share the news of the changes at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, and know that we'd love for you to join us.

13 comments:

Sharon Basel said...

This is a terrific card Linda - you make the best manly cards! Fishin' Stan is so cute - I love the sponging you did on the oval panel - provides just enough background for the image. Great paper choices too. Have a fab week!
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Heide said...

What a great guy card! Love the papers and the cute image.

Patti P. said...

Linda, Stan is a cutie on your great card for this week. You always need a manly card and I need to create more for my stash. Have a great week.
hugs....

mulberry station said...

Wow Linda, this is the perfect guy card!! I love what you have done with your image. Just a perfect card all around. have a wonderful week!!!
Hugs Nancy

Stacy said...

Hee hee he is so cute! Love this card, and awesome papers!

Kathie said...

Hi Linda, I love Stan I'm going to get him. He makes the most perfect masculine card. I just adore your great design papers and wonderful colours together. Great job girlfriend I love it. Take care and have an awesome week.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Chris (catt871) said...

What a great masculine card! I LOVE the papers and that button/bow combo is very cool! THANKS for joining us at LOVE TO CREATE this week!
Hugs,
Chris

Crafty and Green said...

How stinking adorable!! I love this Card!! The whole thing is Perfect! I love how masculine it is! Thank you for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenges!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Genevieve said...

Wow Linda!! Fantastic guy card, I just love your colouring!!!

Tc
Genevieve

Jeannie said...

Geez girl you are busy, busy these days! I had fun looking through all of your creations but Stan the Fishin' Man of course won my heart! He's very handsome and I really like how you colored him in and the great papers too of course!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Unknown said...

Sweet male card Linda, love it!

Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create challenge, good luck!

Big hugs Jo xxx

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh my goodness Linda this card is simply Fabulous!!! Seriously you need to share your secret with making a Gorgeous Male card!! Good to have you join us at Love to Create and hope you will continue to join us in the coming weeks!!

Hugs
Jacki

Arlana 11426 said...

What a fun fishing card. I love your papers and added touches. You go girl with all those cards you have been making. Thanks for all you do. Have a sweet day! Arlana@SSW!!!