Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hello There

Good morning and welcome to our new challenge at Paper Lovin' Gals. Each week a photo is posted for you to draw inspiration from for your project. What pops out at you with this picture?


The color and butterflies hit me right away. I saw a purpley pink and pulled out my long ago retired Mauve Mist card stock. I can't stress enough how I am so trying to get a more simplified style to my cards and this one came out just right. Who doesn't love embossing folders to add just the perfect touch to any card without adding too much bulk. The butterflies are a Martha Stewart punch. Now be sure and check out what the rest of the DT did on the Paper Lovin' Gals blog. I always find it amazing how one photo can inspire so many wonderful creations! Can't wait to see yours too!!

4 comments:

hollybeary creations said...

Now that is a perfect color of card stock for this challenge! I love the butterfly punch you used, one of my favs in my stash. This came out so pretty I love the soft look it has.

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Linda,

Really pretty CAS card, i love all the stitching you've done. Lots of texture and the plain colours show that off beautifully.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I agree....and that's been my style 90% of the time. CAS and mailable hopefully with one stamp...tried to make that my motto and goal. Lots of people are on a tighter budget, but what joy a $.44 card can do to make a person smile and feel good. Wonderful card and yes, something to CAS still. lol

Michele said...

It's perfect Linda! Anything more added and it would be too much! Glorious card Linda!! Gosh... I have never even heard of that cardstock color and i have been buying SU products since 1998. But then my memory is failing me too. :-)