Friday, February 12, 2010

Gigi, the Glitzy Giraffe


Let me tell you, getting snowed in isn't all that it's cracked up to be!!!! Kids went back to school for the first time this week - thank goodness for small miracles!!!! They have needed constant entertainment and supervision because they are so out of their routine. Even sending them outside didn't last long enough, it was way too cold! And this meant no stamping time for me like I thought I might!!! I did get a card done for the Clearly Inspired Challenge over on the Clear Dollar Stamps blog. The theme this time is to "Glitz it Up" by using anything that sparkles and shine on your card or project. I used Gigi Giraffe, using Copic markers and a bit of Stickles on her spots. During my cleaning and organizing phase (didn't last very long!!!) I ran across this baby themed paper by Making Memories called Animal Crackers as well as the felt star brads. I simply couldn't resist putting it to use. To the brads I added the rhinestones and added some zig zag stitching as well. Please play along with the challenge, you could win a free stamp set of your choice if you do!!!!!

7 comments:

K. Joy said...

I just love your card! That giraffe is so cute. :) Love the colors on your card as well!

Tricia T said...

This is just adorable! I don't remember ever seeing this stamp... hmmm.... you know what that means! I need to place an order!! ;-)

Great idea to use the rhinestones on the stars!!!

Heather said...

This is simply adorable! I LOVE it! The star brads are awesome!

Lisa Lara said...

What a sweet card Linda. I love that Gigi. Love the brads in the center of the hearts and gorgeous stitching.

Lisa Lara said...

Such a sweet card Linda. I love Gigi. The brads in the centers of the stars are awesome.

Cassie said...

That giraffe is one of my favs! Love how you glammed her up, Linda :D

Stacy Morgan said...

LOL You crack me up. weren't they playing in the snow??? That keeps the twins happy for hours.
Adorable little card.